- 1- Set weekly nutritional goals that are REALISTIC.
- Break your nutritional goals down into segments. Think of your nutrition as a strength building program. You can’t just front squat 200 pounds on your first attempt. You have to build up to it by adding a little weight each week. Nutrition is the same kind of process. Set weekly goals that are ATTAINABLE. In order to succeed you have to gain confidence in yourself and GRADUALLY demand a little more each week. As you gain nutritional endurance and strength, your confidence will rise. When you see results your confidence will rise even more!
- 2- HAVE A COACH, FRIEND or ACCOUNTABILITY PAL.
- The bottom line is having a SUPPORT system that already embraces a healthy lifestyle. When it comes to choosing a coach, friend or accountability partner, choose someone that is able to positively and gently nudge you in the right direction. This is especially important during the holiday season when food is screaming at you to “eat me”!
- 3- KNOW WHY YOU’RE CHOOSING TO EAT HEALTHY & ATTACH IT TO A GOAL.
- Compiling a list of WHY you want to make better eating choices is MANDATORY. Can you imagine going to CrossFit without a programmed workout? Or, what if your workouts ALWAYS used the same exact movements and body mechanics. Would that make a difference in your overall fitness? Most certainly not a positive one! It’s the same for nutrition. You need to be structured with solid INTENTION, PURPOSE and UNDERSTANDING. Knowing your “why” is what generates your entire nutritional path. Attaching your “why” to a goal (or goals) is an EXCELLENT way to maintain motivation to eat healthy FOR LIFE.
- 4- DITCH THE EXCUSES OF WHY YOU CAN’T AND REPLACE THEM WITH WHY YOU CAN!
- The mind is a POWERFUL tool. USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! Talk to yourself, write out on a piece of paper all the things you CAN do nutritionally. Get pumped about the yummy foods you can eat. Stop thinking about what you can’t have. Dive into some of your favorite recipes and tweak them to be healthier. Being excited and positive about your health is a win-win!
In GREAT health and HAPPINESS,