WRAPS THAT MAKE YOUR BODY SING!
CHICKEN SALAD LETTUCE WRAPS:
- - 1 large organic chicken breast
- - 1 organic tomato
- - 2 stalks of organic celery
- - 1/4 cup organic green onion
- - 1 clove organic minced garlic
- - 1 tbs chia seeds (good fiber and healthy fats!)
- - 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- - 5 organic red grapes
- - 1/2 sliced organic red apple ( Apple skin contains an EXCELLENT amount Quercetin)
- - 6 organic romaine lettuce leaves
- - Add Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE: Cook the chicken first. While the chicken is cooking, dice up and prepare all other ingredients. Once chicken is done, allow it to cool for about 30 minutes. Once cooled, chop the chicken into cubes. In a medium bowl mix the fruits, vegetables and chicken. Then stuff the chicken salad in the romaine lettuce leaves and roll up.
Feel free to be CREATIVE! You can add any other healthy food items YOU like. If you are looking for some meatless protein suggestions, sprouted quinoa and sprouted legumes are a GREAT alternative to meat.
Cheers to a healthy meal,
P.S.- Wondering what Quercetin is? I will share with you in next week's blog what it is and WHY it's an important nutrient. If you happen to be like me and can't wait for next week to find out, do a little research and share your insight :-)