Do you think you’re too busy to be healthy?
So many of us use time as an excuse or reason not to be healthy. Every minute counts, you count: nutrition, exercise, & sleep are all equally important.
Keeping the stress level low is a HUGE part of being healthy, and that could be the toughest part of the equation!
That being said...here are a few on-the-go healthy tips:
- Start your day with an 8+ ounce glass of water.
- Green smoothies are a good quick choice, they take only a few minutes to prepare. You can bring them on the go, and they are packed with nutrition.
- Always have a full re-useable water bottle handy. No matter how busy you are, you can stay hydrated.
- Don't overdo it on the coffee...you'll be more likely to crash later.
- Avoid soda at all costs!
- Have healthy snacks on hand, in your car, your purse, your gym bag, or your desk. Raw almonds, fruit, or a healthy energy bar (like Kind, Lara) can keep you from feeling starved and making poor decisions.
- When you eat at a restaurant, ask for extra sides of greens or veggies, to make sure you're adding in some nutrients.
- Before going to a party, eat a light meal, so you don't overeat or make too many bad choices.
- If you're traveling, take a minute to look up healthy restaurants or health food stores before you go. Take some of your own snacks for the plane, train, or ship.
- Peer pressure can be challenging, whether it's to skip your daily exercise or to choose the wrong foods. Be careful of these relationships and remain aware of the cause and effect.
- Ditch the "all or nothing" mindset when it comes to exercise. Even a 15 minute walk or some yoga poses in your bedroom are beneficial.
- Hang out with like minded people. It's easily contagious to feed into others negativity.
So there you go...one step at a time.
Never an excuse or a reason NOT to make healthier choices (even with friends). You just need to be intentional about it and make it a priority.
It takes time, but anyone can learn to be addicted to feeling good, these tips will help get you started.
You only have this one precious life!
Carolyn “CJ” Silas