What is Individual Design?
C5 Individual Design (C5 ID) is your own personal program, designed by a C5 Head Coach to specifically target your individual weaknesses, imbalances, and Fitness goals.
It all begins with a C5 Comprehensive Fitness Assessment to help you, the athlete, and us, the Coach, expose and understand what our priorities should be for your specific Fitness Journey.
Our C5 Fitness Assessments will look at four key areas. Listed below are details on those four areas;
- Body Composition & Fat Distribution testing will note your current physical state so you can measure changes over time based on changes to your nutrition and training routine.
- A Movement Analysis will identify imbalances from right to left or limitations in your range of motion to assist in injury prevention and overall health.
- A Strength Assessment will measure current strength in six areas including (but not limited to); upper body pushing, upper body pulling, bending, squatting (single and double leg), and core.
- Work Capacity Testing is designed to assess your overall ability to "get work done", utilizing various energy systems and time domains, based upon your personal goals and current level of Fitness.
There are many factors that go into individual design which will be discussed during our initial consultation.
Fitness and health is a journey, so it needs to evolve as we do.
You may have seen some of our competitive athletes and/or determined members with specific goals off to the side doing their own thing during, after or before class times; this is Individual Design. These are people with focused goals that they want to achieve and have realized that they are ready for the next step outside of group programming to help them achieve their desired results.
These designs are not just FUN workout prescriptions based on scaling or modifying our current program. We base it on where you are at this current moment and where you WANT to go so that we can properly progress you to those larger goals over time.
You don't have to be an elite level athlete, be interested in competing, or have any specific level of Fitness/Athletic ability. The only requirements are that;
- You desire to be better
- You are willing to invest in yourself
- You are prepared to be open and honest about your lifestyle, nutrition, and goals.
Individual Design starts with an initial questionnaire, followed by a one-on-one consultation, and then, an individual comprehensive fitness assessment to determine a starting point.
- Do you have specific weaknesses that need to be addressed?
- Do you have specific goals you want to achieve?
- Are you feeling like you want to come to the box more than just regular class but are unsure what you should be doing?
- Do you need direction with your supplemental work?
- Do you want to understand more about your movement mechanics and/or limitations?
- Do you want to take your fitness to the next level?
Read what our Individual Design clients are saying about their experience;
“While doing individual design at C5, I’ve seen major improvement in my balance, strength & basic foundation. I could really tell it was paying off during the class WODS. I started having more solid form with my barbell moves & was able to PR weekly! As a beginning Crossfit athlete, I was able to discuss my goals & have a program designed specifically for me to achieve those goals. I’m well on my way & at a much faster pace than when I was just doing the class WODs. Chad does a wonderful job of identifying weaknesses & building a program to target those areas. I would definitely recommend doing individual design no matter what your skill level is!” – C5 Athlete; Carolyn Jolly
"After Crossfitting for almost two years, I decided I wanted to step up my training. I wanted to strengthen my weaknesses and become a more well rounded athlete. Chad has helped me so much through Individual Design. He has been able to guide me and design a safe, effective and realistic program for me and my goals. In such a short time my strength, coordination, balance, endurance, and form improved tremendously! My weaknesses have improved and my strengths improved even more. I am excited, confident, and know that I will reach my goals with Chads knowledge and expertise! I highly recommend Individual Design to anyone, whether you are a beginner, or an elite level athlete, Individual Design can help you reach your goals!" – C5 Athlete; Chelsea Muro
"Since I have started Individual Design, I have made huge gains. In particular, my mental strength has improved considerably. Chad does a wonderful job assessing my strengths and weaknesses and designs my workout programs accordingly. I have loved the energy system work and have really learned how to pace specific workouts as it relates to different movements and different time domains. I have been crossfitting for over three years now - but since I have started following the individual design I have improved more than ever! I look forward to continuing on this journey and evolving into the best athlete I can be. This wouldn't be possible without the exclusive design that Chad has created for me." – C5 Athlete & Coach; Nickole Sutter
If you think you might be ready for the step in your fitness journey, or are ready to focus on some specific areas in your fitness, contact Chad Franco (below) to schedule a consultation and assessment to see if Individual Design is for you!